Tournament Team Information 2015-16
AYSO Tournament soccer offers players in the U10 age group and above the opportunity to continue to play after the regular season ends. 2 separate tryouts are held to allow coaches to view and evaluate players in various conditions that simulate game play. Potential players are selected on their skills, sportmanship, and effort during tryouts. Players that are selected for the team will be able to play from November until May/June of the next year. Their skills will advance tremendously. AYSO tourments are competitive games played in various locations around Southern California. The tournaments are great ways for players and parents to form new friendships and to advance the skills of the players and coaches. QH AYSO encourages all eligible players, willing to commit to the tournament season, to tryout and give it their best effoft.
Tournament Team Selection, Eligibility & Tryout Information 2015-16
All players who are interested are encouraged to tryout. Coaches are always looking for alternate or "pool" players. An alternate or "pool" player is one who was not selected or does not want to be a full time tournament team participant and can "fill in" sometimes for tournament players who are going to be absent for a particular tournament. Alternate or "pool" players will usually practice with a coach in their division. The final decision regarding alternate or "pool" players will be up to each individual coach. Be aware that no player from another region can participate on any Quartz Hill Tournament Team unless the list of ALL players who tried-out and are desirous of playing are first exhausted. If a player from Quartz Hill AYSO did not try out then they are not eligible to play! (The Regional Commissioner has the final decision in this matter). Parents must remain with their players during the entire tryout. The players should wear a white t-shirt, shorts, shin guards, and cleats. The players must be "game-ready" (stretched and ready to go) at the posted times! Please do not bring any dogs to the tryouts. We will need parents to help with goal set-up and take-down. If you are available, please arrive 30 minutes early to the tryouts for set-up.
Tournament Team Forms, Applications, and Tryout Dates
If you are interested in coaching a tournament team please print and complete the coach form, sign the form, and return it in a sealed envelope to the folder designated "Scott Jones (Coach Admin)" located near the snack bar at Upper Joe Walker no later than Saturday, September 26, 2015. Only signed and complete forms will be considered. All tryouts will be held on October 11th and 18th and will follow the schedule in the tryout flyer provide below.
- 2015 Welcome Letter - Players, Coaches, and Parents
- 2015-2016 Player Application
- Coach Application 2015-16
- Tournament Tryout Dates and Times 2015 Flyer
- AYSO Region 638 Guidelines for Tournaments and Spring Select Soccer
- All tryouts will be held on October 11th and October 18.
- U-10 Girls 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. Lower Joe Walker East Side.
- U-10 Boys 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. Lower Joe Walker West Side.
- U-12 Girls 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. Lower Joe Walker East Side.
- U-12 Boys 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. Lower Joe Walker West Side.
- U-14 Girls 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. Lower Joe Walker East Side.
- U-14 Boys 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. Lower Joe Walker West Side.
- U-16 and U-19 tryouts will be based upon field availability and expressed interest by players and coaches.