Guide to blocking dates and times through Arbiter - CLICK HERE
FIFA Laws of the Game - AYSO Version 2015/16
AYSO Referee training by certified instructors enables you to referee kids soccer games in a Safe Fair and Fun manner. All volunteers start by taking a Regional Referee class. Those who want to improve their game, to provide an even better experience for the kids will get several opportunities to upgrade later to an Intermediate, Advanced or National referee level. There are typically two or three upgrade Referee trainings locally offered each year in summer or winter to get Intermediate or Advanced Referee Status. We usually have three Regional Referee classes planned for each year. These are the classes that a new AYSO referee takes. Historically we offer a 1-day (Saturday or Sunday) class in July, August, and September.
Referee Training Calendar
Returning Referees at Registration
All referees that volunteered in QH AYSO, Region 638 in 2015 as a coach or referee will be eligible to use the Fast Pass Line at Registrations. If you are a returning referee click here to download a referee information form that you need to use the Fast Pass Line.
Five Steps To be an AYSO-certified Regional Referee (U8 & U10):
1. Fill out an on-line Volunteer Form at www.eayso.org (this is a yearly requirement) and turn in one copy to our Child Volunteer Protection Advocate (CVPA).
- This can be done at any Registration, or Coach Training or Referee Training.
2. Take the on-line Safe Haven training at www.aysotraining.org (this is required every 2 years; it takes about 30 minutes).
- To login to aysotraining.org you need your AYSO volunteer ID number. You can find your number by logging into www.eayso.org. If you are already a volunteer your number is displayed. If you are not yet a volunteer, as soon as you fill out the on-line form, a volunteer number is generated for you.
3. Take the on-line Concussion Awareness training at www.aysotraining.org (currently required just once; it takes about 40 minutes).
4. Sign up on-line to attend a Regional Referee Class.
- Login to www.eayso.org.
- Click on the 'Enroll to take a class' link.
- Type 'Lancaster' in the 'city' field and click the 'search' button.
- All coach and referee trainings that have rosters ready to go will appear.
- Click on the course you wish to take then click on the 'course sign-up' button.
5. Attend one of the three Regional Referee Trainings offered each year at the Lancaster National Soccer Center, Eastside Building, just EAST of Avenue L and 30th Street East (8.5 hr training required just once).
This may seem like a lot of requirements, but it is really not too much effort. All these steps are necessary to protect our children and protect both you and our region from lawsuits, as all volunteers are required by law to be properly trained.